Oscar Night Menu…
I look forward to the Oscars more than I look forward to a lot of Holidays so this year we invited some friends over and planned a themed dinner menu:
- The Hurt Locker: Hummus and Pita Bread to represent the Middle East.
- District 9: Grilled Shrimp to represent the “prawns”
- An Education: Brie & Apple Bruschetta to represent “Jenny’s” trip to Paris
- Inglorious Basterds: Warm Apple Strudel with a glass of milk to represent a specific scene in the movie with Christopher Waltz
- Crazy Heart: Ham Biscuits to represent the biscuits he made in the movie.
- Blind Side: Taco Bell quesadillas to represent the fact that Mr. Touhy owned Taco Bell franchises
- Avatar: Blue Hawaiian punch to represent the blue people
- Up!: Upcakes! Funfetti with blue icing (also to represent Avatar)
- Precious: Chicken Wings to represent the scene where Precious steals the chicken because she is so hungry
- Fantastic Mr. Fox: Apple Cider to represent the cider factories
- Julie & Julia: Mini quiches to represent Julia’s French cooking (that we forgot to cook and set out but they still count!)
Clearly I didn’t take any pictures and had to resort to ol’ faithful known as Google Image Search, but it was delish so I was clearly too busy eating to take to take pictures!