Since joining Pinterest I can’t help but be super inspired, jealous, and overall just impressed with the things people can CREATE. I have always been a big fan of Etsy for gifts since I really like the idea of buying handmade goods for people. I like the thought and time that went into it, it just feels so much more personal.
The catch here is that I am not crafty. I want to be. I want to be crafty so bad that a couple times a year I bust out some paint my glue gun and just “craft” things. I paint whatever’s near by or whatever inspires me in a quick walk through of Michaels. It’s dangerous really. I mean I’ve painted wine glasses, picture frames, a tin can I found (this was last week) and I have tried to make purses out of place mats (I know, this sounds weird) and then every Christmas I try to get cute and make things too.
I think maybe my issue with crafting has always been that I don’t have a clear idea of what I am trying to make, or sometimes I am just crafting because I want to, not for a direct purpose.
Enter in my life my Pinterest board for DIY Projects. I am obsessed. I pin everything even remotely cute or fun that I think “ooo I could totally do that!” So I wanted to show you some of my favorites:
- Reupholster a Chair! I always see good furniture with unfortunate fabric and think “It can’t be that hard….” so I was pumped when I came across this one. Again it just seems ridiculously hard to me but when it’s photographed the way it is it suddenly looks very doable:
- Map Picture Frame! This one I want to do so bad. This even has the added bonus of possibly being cheap. Imagine framing one picture from a vacation and using a map from that location as the boarder. You could even do a whole gallery wall of vacation pictures this way:
- Jewelery Organizer! How simple is this?? This also inspires me to run out and buy more necklaces, so maybe this isn’t one I’ll be trying:
- Idea Jars! I have been wanting to do this idea for a while for Albie and I. I think this idea is perfect for bored kids in the summer or for adults stuck in a routine. I want to specifically make one of these for “Restaurant Ideas”:
- Chevron tray! How simple and cute is this?? I saw this a while back and printed it (Here is the tutorial) out then got addicted to Pinterest so I went back to find it because no DIY dream board is complete without this. I can just picture it on a coffee table or use it to carry condiments on if you’re eating outside. You could even make a couple so that they fit with different times of the year around the house?! I need to calm down, this one has me all excited:
- Wreaths! Albie is probably cringing right now. He doesn’t see the need or appeal in wreaths. But I like them, in moderation and only in the right spots. With that said, I want to make every single one of these:
- Coasters! Last but not least this is a project I really do for see becoming a summer project. I even think if I got good at it I could make them for hostess gifts or as last minute gifts around the holidays:
What are some of y’alls favorite DIY projects? If you try any of these please tell me – I am dying to know if the instructions are any good and what the final product looks like!