November 11, 2011
Starting with Monday, this week has been brutal. I have been tired and dragging since I got back into town.
- This past weekend we played our rivals in football and WON for the 5th straight year – I have pictures and a post I’m working on I promise! In addition the game my good friend was visiting from out of town and she’s one of my favorite people to “brunch” with so Sunday will full of day-drinking and catching up. It was pretty much a perfect weekend… right up until I had to set that 4:30 am alarm to leave. Then those Sunday Blues hit me HARD.
- When I visit Albie I leave after work on Friday and stay until first thing Monday morning. I make it back in town just in time to run through the shower, feed Finley and drive to work. Monday is my “in a funk” day already and to top it off I had a test in my French class that I was totally unprepared for.
- I have spent a lot of internet time this week reading about this Penn State stuff. I just think it is beyond terrible and after reading the grand jury testimony I am more convinced that people had their loyalty in the wrong place. I am sad for that whole community that this is happening but wish people would remember this scandal isn’t about football it’s about people and doing what’s right.
- Work drama is for the birds. Sometimes I miss working with men – when they were mad, they told you and it was done. No one gossiped about it (except for me obviously) and harped on semantics. If an apology was given it was accepted and then the subject was dropped. What it is about ladies that can’t do this?
- I’m having a “I hate all my clothes”
year month weekday. I put together an outfit and then don’t have the shoes that would really pull it together. Or, I want to wear specific pants and have no shirts that match. My favorite is that I know I have some of the things that could hold me over on shopping but they’re in storage. So every morning I do the walk between the closet and the dresser running 15 minutes late angry at my self for having crappy clothes. (#firstworldproblem perhaps??)
- I’m feeling rather Grinch-y this year. I am even contemplating not doing holiday cards. I’ve never not done holiday cards. I didn’t even get a pumpkin this year. I don’t want to get a tree. Who am I???? Christmas is my favorite and now I roll my eyes at the mention of it. Can we fast forward past it to the spring time again?
- This weekend I am staying put and looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing. Ok maybe not nothing maybe I’ll do some laundry, french homework, and searching through my boxes for clothes I’ve packed up.
Happy Friday! Hope y’all have a great weekend!